Smart devices aren’t just for Millennials and Gen X-ers, and many new devices are specifically designed to make your life easier. In fact, there are a number of great tools that you must check out if you’re a family caregiver or an independent older adult.
Smart Home Devices for Caregivers
If you are a caregiver for a disabled family member or older adult, there are a few pieces of home technology that can simplify your family’s routine:
- Smart locks: In addition to letting your kids in and out, smart locks can help you monitor when helpers and medical professionals enter your home and make sure doors are locked and unlocked as necessary.
- Indoor and outdoor cameras: If you have multiple people coming and going, it may be valuable to keep an eye on them by installing cameras outside your home and in certain rooms of your interior.
- Smart alert devices: There are a number of devices you can implement in order to help your dependent family member contact you or call 911 in the event of a fall or medical emergency. These may include smart alert accessories, such as necklaces or bracelets, but they can also include home fixtures such as panic buttons.
Smart Home Devices for Older Adults
If you are an older adult and you wish to continue living independently for as long as possible, these additions to your home can help you compensate for reduced mobility:
- Smart lights: These allow you to set your lights to automatically turn on and off at certain times of day. This can save you a lot of money on your utility bill and help you make sure you conserve energy without even giving it a second thought.
- Voice-activated speakers: Devices like Google Home Hub and Alexa make it easier to call friends and family, play music you like, and get the latest news in the blink of an eye.
- Smart thermostats: By installing a smart thermostat, you can remotely control the temperature in your home from a mobile app, which keeps you from having to go up and down the stairs or get up in the middle of night to change the heating or air conditioning.
Heating, Cooling, & Air Conditioning Service in Mandeville
Interested in installing a smart thermostat? We can help! At Nu-Air Heating and Cooling, LLC, we have experience with installation and maintenance of a variety of climate control devices, including smart thermostats. We also have the skill and experience to answer your questions on the front end and help make sure you understand the heating and air conditioning tools at your disposal. Connect with a member of our team today to request a service.
Call (985) 288-2445 today to learn about our thermostat installation and repair services in Mandeville.